|Melting Point:||308℃||Boiling Point:||380℃|
White Crystal NaNO3 Sodium Nitrate,
Hazardous NaNO3 Sodium Nitrate
Sodium Nitrate NaNO3 Class5 Hazardous Chmeicals 25kg/Bag Professional Exporter
1. The industrial synthesis of sodium nitrate involves the neutralization of nitric acid with sodium carbonate, sodium bicarbonate, or sodium hydroxide. The chemical equations for these reactions are listed below.
NaHCO3 + HNO3 → NaNO3 + H2O + CO2
Na2CO3 + 2HNO3 → 2NaNO3 + CO2 + H2O
NaOH + HNO3 → NaNO3 + H2O
It is important to note that the reaction between sodium hydroxide and nitric acid is a highly exothermic one (since NaOH is a strong base and HNO3 is a strong acid).
2. Therefore, an alternate method of preparing sodium nitrate is by reacting sodium hydroxide with ammonium nitrate instead of nitric acid. The chemical reaction is:
NH4NO3 + NaOH → NH4OH + NaNO3
3. Alternately, ammonium nitrate can be reacted with sodium carbonate or sodium bicarbonate.
Na2CO3 + 2NH4NO3 → (NH4)2CO3 + 2NaNO3
NaHCO3 + NH4NO3 → NH4HCO3 + NaNO3
|Test Items||Standard||Test Results|
|Content of sodium nitrate(NaNO3) %||≥ 99.3||99.3|
|Content of sodium nitrite(NaNO2) %||≤ 0.02||0.016|
|Content of chloride(NaCl) %||≤ 0.3||0.078|
|Content of insolubles in water %||≤ 0.03||0.021|
|Moisture %||≤ 1.5||1|
|Apperance of product||White fine crystal with slightly yellowish|
|Package and Trade mark||By woven plastic bag outer and white plastic bag inner|
1. Hybrid forms of aqua regia can be prepared with the help of sodium nitrate. These hybrids also have the ability to dissolve gold.
2. Sodium nitrate is widely used as a food additive since it acts as a preservative.
3. Sodium nitrate is used as an oxidizer in several types of fireworks.
4. Sodium nitrate is also a component of some instant cold packs.
5. Sodium nitrate is one of the components used for the storage and transfer of heat in some solar power plants.
6. In order to promote the growth of Nitrosomonas bacteria, sodium nitrate is added to the wastewater in several wastewater treatment plants.
7. Sodium nitrate is also used in several rocket propellants and is known to be a substitute for potassium nitrate in gunpowder.
Contact Person: Jessic
Tel: +86 13928889251