|CAS NO.:||7631-99-4||EINECS NO.:||231-554-3|
2.257 g/cm3 Sodium Nitrate NaNO3,
OHSAS 18001 Sodium Nitrate NaNO3
CAS 7631-99-4 Industrial Grade Sodium Nitrate NaNO3 99.3% Min
Sodium nitrate, with a melting point of 306.8°C and a density of 2.257 g/cm3 (at 20°C), is colorless, transparent or white with yellowish rhombus crystals. Its taste is bitter and salty, easily soluble in water and liquid ammonia, slightly soluble in glycerin and ethanol, and easily deliquescent, especially when it contains a very small amount of sodium chloride impurity, the deliquescent of sodium nitrate is greatly increased. When dissolved in water, the temperature of the solution decreases and the solution becomes neutral. When heated, sodium nitrate is easily decomposed into sodium nitrite and oxygen. Sodium nitrate can support combustion and must be stored in a cool and ventilated place. It is oxidizing. Friction or impact with organic matter can cause combustion or explosion. It is irritating and has little toxicity, but it is harmful to the human body!
|Test Items||Standard||Test Results|
|Content of sodium nitrate(NaNO3) %||≥ 99.3||99.3|
|Content of sodium nitrite(NaNO2) %||≤ 0.02||0.016|
|Content of chloride(NaCl) %||≤ 0.3||0.078|
|Content of insolubles in water %||≤ 0.03||0.021|
|Moisture %||≤ 1.5||1|
|Apperance of product||White fine crystal with slightly yellowish|
|Package and Trade mark||By woven plastic bag outer and white plastic bag inner|
1. Agriculture: Sodium nitrate can provide nutrients to plants and improve soil properties. Improve the effectiveness of phosphorus and trace elements, and promote the formation of organic acids. It also helps the phosphorus and trace elements in the soil particles to be released into the soil solution. Improve the utilization of water by plants. It can make the plant's transpiration effect to be very small, and improve the absorption efficiency of soil water. Reduce plant absorption of chlorine in soil solution or irrigation water.
2. Concrete: As a concrete admixture, it can improve the early strength of concrete. Prevent corrosion of steel bars. Prevent construction concrete from being damaged by freezing in winter.
3. Decolorization: Sodium nitrate is mainly used to eliminate impurities in the raw materials and bring undesirable colors to the glass to make it appear colorless and transparent. There are mainly two kinds of chemical decolorizers and physical decolorizers, among which chemical decolorizers usually decolorize through oxidation.
4. Anti-rust: Sodium nitrate has strong oxidizing properties, which can cause metal anode passivation, forming a dense oxide film on the surface to prevent rust. To achieve a better cleanliness of the steel surface in a short time, the key is to choose the concentration of sodium nitrate. Decreasing the concentration can not only contain more ferric chloride content, but also is not easy to saturate, so as to better solve the pickling quality of steel products.
5. Food industry: The food industry is used as a coloring agent for meat processing, which can prevent meat from deteriorating and can play a role in flavoring.
Contact Person: Jessic
Tel: +86 13928889251