|Type:||Sodium Nitrate||Appearance:||White Powder|
|CAS No.:||7631-99-4||EINECS No.:||231-554-3|
Industrial Grade NaNO3 Sodium Nitrate,
Glass Dye NaNO3 Sodium Nitrate,
231-554-3 NaNO3 Sodium Nitrate
High Quality Sodium Nitrate Powder Crystal Industrial Grade NaNO3 For Glass Dye
Sodium nitrate has a melting point of 306.8°C and a density of 2.257 g/cm3 (at 20°C). It is colorless, transparent or white with yellowish rhombus crystals. Its taste is bitter and salty, easily soluble in water and liquid ammonia, slightly soluble in glycerin and ethanol, and easily deliquescent, especially when it contains a small amount of sodium chloride impurities, the deliquescent of sodium nitrate is greatly increased. When dissolved in water, the temperature of the solution decreases and the solution becomes neutral. When heated, sodium nitrate is easily decomposed into sodium nitrite and oxygen. Sodium nitrate can support combustion and must be stored in a cool and ventilated place. It is oxidizing. It can cause combustion or explosion when rubbing or impacting with organic matter. It is toxic.
|Test Items||Standard||Test Results|
|Content of sodium nitrate(NaNO3) %||≥ 99.3||99.3|
|Content of sodium nitrite(NaNO2) %||≤ 0.02||0.016|
|Content of chloride(NaCl) %||≤ 0.3||0.078|
|Content of insolubles in water %||≤ 0.03||0.021|
|Moisture %||≤ 1.5||1|
|Apperance of product||White fine crystal with slightly yellowish|
|Package and Trade mark||By woven plastic bag outer and white plastic bag inner|
1. The food industry is used as a hair coloring agent in meat processing, which can prevent meat from deteriorating and can play a role in flavoring.
2. The chemical fertilizer industry is used as a fertilizer suitable for acidic soils, especially for crops with dead roots, such as sugar beet and radish.
3. The enamel industry is used as a flux, oxidant and raw material for preparing enamel powder.
4. The dye industry is used as a raw material for the production of picric acid and dyes.
5. In the glass industry, it is used as a decolorizing agent, defoaming agent, clarifying agent and oxidizing flux for various glasses and products.
6. Chemically pure sodium nitrate is used for low chromic acid passivation of zinc coating and oxidation solution of magnesium alloy.
7. In the inorganic industry, it is used as a decolorizing agent for molten caustic soda and in the manufacture of other nitrates.
8. The metallurgical industry is used as a heat treatment agent for steelmaking and aluminum alloy.
9. In the machinery industry, it is used as a metal cleaning agent and the preparation of a blueing agent for ferrous metals.
10. Used as a culture medium for penicillin in the pharmaceutical industry.
11. The cigarette industry is used as a combustion aid for tobacco. Used as a chemical reagent in analytical chemistry.
12. In addition, it is also used in the production of explosives.
Contact Person: Jessic
Tel: +86 13928889251