|Name:||Sodium Nitrite||CAS No.:||7632-00-0|
|Appearance:||White Powder||Application:||Industrial Grade|
Industrial Grade Sodium Nitrite Powder,
Sodium Nitrite Powder NaNO2,
7632-00-0 Sodium Nitrite Powder
25kg/Bag Industrial Grade Sodium Nitrite Powder NaNO2 CAS 7632-00-0
Product Name: Sodium nitrite
Molecular formula: NaNO2
The appearance of sodium nitrite is white or slightly yellowish crystal, the relative molecular mass is 69.0, the specific gravity is 2.168, odorless, slightly salty, easy to deliquescence, it has very good water solubility and hygroscopicity, the aqueous solution is weakly alkaline, pH About 9, easily soluble in liquid ammonia, slightly soluble in ethanol, methanol, ether and other organic solvents. The melting point is 271°C, the decomposition temperature is 320°C, and it has both oxidizing and reducing properties. In the air, it will be slowly oxidized to sodium nitrate, and it is easy to form diazonium compounds with amino groups at low temperature.
|Best quality||First quality||Qualified quality||result|
|Content of sodium nitrite (calculated by dry base) %||≥99.0||≥98.5||≥98.0||98.5|
|Content of sodium nitrate (calculated by dry base) %||≤0.8||≤1.0||≤1.5||1.2|
|Content of chloride(NaCl) (calculated by dry base) %||≤0.10||≤0.17||—||0.11|
|Content of insolubles in water(calculated by dry base) %||≤0.05||≤0.06||≤.10||0.009|
|Apperance of product||White fine crystal|
|Package and Trade mark||By woven plastic bag out , and white plastic bag inner|
1. Sodium nitrite is often used as a metal heat treatment agent.
2. Sodium nitrite 10% aqueous solution is also used in electroplating, which is a corrosion inhibitor for electroplating and a corrosion inhibitor for steel;
3. Sodium nitrite is used as a bleaching agent for silk and linen.
4. Sodium nitrite is also used as a mordant for fabric dyeing.
5. Sodium nitrite is used in the manufacture of ice dyes, sulfur dyes, direct dyes, disperse dyes, acid dyes, basic dyes and other dyes.
6. In the pigment industry, sodium nitrite is used in the manufacture of pigments such as silver vermilion, scarlet pink, candle red, toluidine violet red, and Lisol scarlet.
7. Sodium nitrite is also used for disinfection of instruments in medicine.
8. Sodium nitrite is used as coloring agent, anti-microbial agent and preservative in the processing of meat products.
Contact Person: Jessic
Tel: +86 13928889251