|Appearance:||White Crystal||Other Name:||4-Methylphenol|
White Crystal P Cresol,
Organic Chemical P Cresol
Organic Chemical Intermediates CAS No. 106-44-5 P-Cresol 4-Methylphenol
P-cresol, p-methylphenol, also known as 4-Methylphenol, 1-Methyl-4-hydroxybenzene. It is a colorless crystal or liquid at room temperature with an aromatic odor. Slightly soluble in water, soluble in ethanol, ether, chloroform, lye, etc. It is flammable, corrosive and toxic. Its vapor or mist is irritating to the eyes, mucous membranes and respiratory tract, and is strongly irritating to the skin. It can cause peripheral neuritis. Poisoning can include burning sensation, coughing, wheezing, laryngitis, and shortness of breath. , Headache, nausea and vomiting. It is harmful to the environment, and special attention should be paid to the pollution of water bodies. P-methylphenol is mainly used as a raw material for organic synthesis, used in the manufacture of resins, dyes, pesticides, etc., and also used in the synthesis of flame retardants, plasticizers, preservatives, fuel brighteners, etc. It is also an intermediate between color films and resins. body. The molecular formula of p-methylphenol is C7H8O.
1.GB 2760-1996 stipulates that it is allowed to use edible spices.
2. Used as an analytical reagent.
3. Used in organic synthesis.
4. Used as a fungicide and antifungal agent.
5. The adhesive is mainly used to make phenolic resin. It is also used as the raw material of antioxidant 2,6-di-tert-butyl p-cresol.
6. It is used as a disinfectant in medicine, and trimethoxybenzaldehyde is used as a synergist for synthesizing sulfa drugs.
7. It can be used to make paints, plasticizers, flotation agents, cresol acid dyes and pesticides.
8. Used in organic synthesis and as a fungicide and antifungal agent.
Contact Person: Jessic
Tel: +86 13928889251