|Solubility:||20 G/L (20 C)||Purity:||99%|
|Appearance:||White Crystalline Solid||Grade Standard:||Industrial Grade, Medicine Grade, Agriculture Grade|
DJF-141 P Cresol,
HZ P Cresol,
106-44-5 White Crystalline Solid
Top Quality P-Cresol Organic Chemical Intermediates P-Cresol 4-Methylphenol CAS 106-44-5
P-cresol is also called p-methylphenol, 4-methylphenol and para cresol. It is a colorless crystal at room temperature with a phenol odor. The molecular formula is C7H8O, the relative density is 1.039, the melting point is 35.5°C, and the boiling point is 201.8°C. Slightly soluble in water, soluble in ether, ethanol, chloroform and hot water. It is obtained by fractional distillation of crude cresol and used to make dyes, disinfectants, medicines, resins and plasticizers.
|Melting point||32-34 °C(lit.)|
|Boiling point||202 °C(lit.)|
|Density||1.034 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)|
|Appearance||Colorless to light yellow powder|
|Vapor density||3.72 (vs air)|
|Vapor pressure||1 mm Hg ( 20 °C)|
|Shelf life||1 years|
|Place of Origin||China|
1. Used in organic synthesis
2. Raw material for manufacturing antioxidant 2,6-di-tert-butyl-p-cresol and rubber antioxidant
3. An important basic raw material for the production of pharmaceutical TMP and dye clixibutane sulfonic acid.
4. Used as an analytical reagent.
5. Used as a fungicide and antifungal agent.
6. The adhesive is mainly used to make phenolic resin.
7. It is used as a disinfectant in medicine, and trimethoxybenzaldehyde is used as a synergist for synthesizing sulfa drugs.
8. Used in the manufacture of paints, plasticizers, flotation agents, cresol acid dyes and pesticides.
Store in a cool, ventilated warehouse. Keep away from fire and heat sources. The packaging is required to be sealed and not in contact with air. It should be stored separately from oxidants, alkalis, and edible chemicals, and avoid mixed storage. Equipped with the appropriate variety and quantity of fire equipment. The storage area should be equipped with suitable materials to contain the leakage.
Contact Person: Jessic
Tel: +86 13928889251