|Appearance:||White Crystalline Powder||Boiling Point:||202ºC|
ISO45001 P Cresol,
OHSAS18001 P Cresol,
106-44-5 para cresol
P-Cresol White Powder High Quality 4-Methylphenol CAS No. 106-44-5
P-cresol is also called p-cresol, p-methylphenol, also known as 4-Methylphenol, p-Cresol, 1-hydroxy-4-methyl Benzene (1-Methyl-4-hydroxybenzene). It is a colorless crystal at room temperature with a phenol odor. The molecular formula is C7H8O, the relative density is 1.039, the melting point is 35.5°C, and the boiling point is 201.8°C. Slightly soluble in water, soluble in ether, ethanol, chloroform and hot water. It is obtained by fractional distillation of crude cresol and used to make dyes, disinfectants, medicines, resins and plasticizers, etc.
|Melting point||32-34 ºC|
|Boiling point||202 ºC|
|Appearance||Colorless crystal, allowing light yellow|
|Dimethyl phenol ≤%||0.2|
|Crystallozation point °C||33.8|
|Chroma ≤ Hazen||40|
1.GB 2760-1996 stipulates that it is allowed to use edible spices.
2. Used as an analytical reagent.
3. Used in organic synthesis.
4. Used as a fungicide and antifungal agent.
5. The adhesive is mainly used to make phenolic resin. It is also used as the raw material of antioxidant 2,6-di-tert-butyl p-cresol.
6. It is used as a disinfectant in medicine, and trimethoxybenzaldehyde is used as a synergist for synthesizing sulfa drugs.
7. It can be used to make paints, plasticizers, flotation agents, cresol acid dyes and pesticides.
8. Used in organic synthesis and as a fungicide and antifungal agent.
Contact Person: Jessic
Tel: +86 13928889251