|Product:||P-Toluenesulfonic Acid||Other Name:||PTSA|
ISO 14001 P- Toluenesulfonic Acid,
Dyestuff Intermediates P- Toluenesulfonic Acid
P-Toluenesulfonic Acid (PTSA) CAS104-15-4 For Dyestuff Intermediates
P-toluenesulfonic acid is a strong organic acid with no oxidizing properties, and its acidity is one million times that of benzoic acid. It is white needle-like or powder crystal, easily deliquescent, soluble in water, alcohol and other polar solvents. Dehydrates paper, wood, etc. and carbonizes. It is hardly soluble in benzene solvents such as benzene, toluene and xylene. P-cresol is generated during alkali fusion. Non-oxidizing strong organic acid.
|Item/index||Industrial grade||Medical grade||Refined grade||Reagent grade|
|Total acidity ≥%(sulfonic acid)||93||95||97||99|
|Free acid ≤%||3||2||0.7||0.1|
(not includingcrystal water )≤%
|Ignition residue ≤%||/||0.2||0.2||0.02|
1. For chemical reagents, but also for dyes, organic synthesis.
2. Used as the intermediates of medicine (such as doxycycline), pesticides (such as dicofol), dyes. Also used in detergents,
plastics, coatings and so on.
3. For medicine, pesticides, dyes and detergents, but also for plastics and printing coatings.
4. Widely used in the catalyst synthetic medicine, pesticides, polymerization of the stabilizer and organic synthesis (esters,
5. Also used as medicine, paint intermediates and resin curing agent.
Contact Person: Jessic
Tel: +86 13928889251