|Chemical Name:||Hexamine||Other Name:||Hexamethylenetetramine|
|CAS No.:||100-97-0||Molecular Formula:||C6H12N4|
202-905-8 Hexamine Powder,
C6H12N4 Hexamine Powder
Hexamine Powder Urotropine 99.3% C6H12N4 White Crystal Hexamethylenetetramine
Hexamine also called urotropine, is white hygroscopic crystalline powder or colorless shiny rhomboid crystals, combustible. The melting point is 263°C. If it exceeds this melting point, it will sublime and decompose, but will not melt. When the temperature is raised to 300°C, hydrogen cyanide is released, and when the temperature rises again, it is decomposed into methane, hydrogen and nitrogen.
|Appearance||White powder||White powder|
1. Hexamine can be used as a curing agent for resins and plastics, a vulcanization accelerator (accelerator H) for rubber, an anti-shrinkage agent for textiles, and for making fungicides, explosives, etc.
2. For medicinal use, after oral administration, it will decompose into acid urine to produce formaldehyde and play a bactericidal effect. It is used for mild urinary tract infection; it is used externally to treat ringworm, antiperspirant, and underarm odor.
3. Hexamine is mixed with caustic soda and sodium phenate to be used as phosgene absorber in gas masks.
4. Hexamine is a commonly used corrosion inhibitor for slowing down the corrosion of metal materials.
5. Hexamine is used as an industrial product and an antibacterial drug.
Contact Person: Jessic
Tel: +86 13928889251