|Product Name:||Hexamine||Other Name:||Methenamine/urotropine|
|Purity:||99%min||Appearance:||Black Crystalline Powder|
White Crystalline Urotropine,
Plastic Resin Urotropine
99.3% Urotropine/Hexamine/Hexamethylenetetramine Used For Plastic Resin And A Curing Agent
Hexamine, also known as hexamethylenetetramine, is a white crystalline or crystalline powder with luster. It tastes sweet at first and then bitter, and has a stimulating effect on the skin. Heating is easy to sublime and decompose, flammable, soluble in water, insoluble in ether, aromatic hydrocarbons, etc. It can treat urinary tract infections and can be hydrolyzed into hippuric acid and formaldehyde under the condition of acidic urine (pH about 6.5). Almost all bacteria and fungi are sensitive to the non-specific antibacterial effect of formaldehyde produced after hydrolysis of this product.
|Purity ≥ %||99||99.3|
|Water ≤ %||0.5||0.3|
|Ash ≤ %||0.03||0.02|
|Formaldehyde||Non formaldehyde||Non formaldehyde|
|Appearance||White crystalline/powder||White crystalline/powder|
|Heavy metal (Pb) ≤ %||0.001||0.001|
|Chloride(Cl) ≤ %||0.015||0.015|
|Sulphate (SO4) ≤ %||0.02||0.02|
|Ammonium salt (NH4) ≤ %||0.001||0.001|
|Size 60-80 mesh, ≥ %||80||85|
1. Hexamine is mainly used for plastic resin and a curing agent, catalyst of amino plastics and foaming agent, rubbervulcanization accelerator (accelerator h), textile shrinkage agent.
2. Hexamine can be make explosive, like RDX
3. Hexamine can be used for Solid Fuel Tablets.
4. Can be used in the manufacture of pesticides.
5. Hexamine is the raw material of organic synthesis, which is used to produce chloramphenicol in the pharmaceutical industry.
6. Hexamine can be used as a disinfectant in urinary system, which has no antibacterial effect and is effective against gram negative bacteria. The 20% solution can be used for the treatment of tinea corporis, underarm odor, sweaty feet etc..
7. Hexamine is mixed with sodium hydroxide and sodium phenolate, can mask the phosgene absorber.
8. Hexamine but also as the determination of bismuth, indium, manganese, cobalt, thorium, platinum, magnesium, lithium,copper, uranium, beryllium and tellurium, bromide, iodide and other reagents and chromatographic analytical reagent.
Contact Person: Jessic
Tel: +86 13928889251