|Name:||Hexamine/Urotropine||Appearance:||White Crystal Power|
|CAS NO.:||100-97-0||Purity:||99% Min|
202-905-8 Hexamine Powder,
Urotropin Hexamine Powder,
100-97-0 Hexamine Powder
HEXAMINE/UROTROPIN White Powder 99% Hexamine CAS 100-97-0
Urotropine/Hexamine/Methenamine, CAS number 100-97-0, molecular formula C6H12N4, also known as hexamethylenetetramine, is a polycyclic heterocyclic compound similar in structure to adamantane, the molecular formula is C6H12N4. Urotropine is a white crystal, which can be prepared by the reaction of formaldehyde and ammonia. The molecule contains four mutually fused triazacyclohexane rings. It is limitedly soluble in water and easily soluble in most organic solvents. Urotropine has a wide range of applications. It can be used as a raw material for organic synthesis, analytical chemical reagents, antibiotics, and fuel. It also has many uses in chemical production.
|Purity ≥ %||99||99.3|
|Water ≤ %||0.5||0.3|
|Ash ≤ %||0.03||0.02|
|Formaldehyde||Non formaldehyde||Non formaldehyde|
|Appearance||White crystalline/powder||White crystalline/powder|
|Heavy metal (Pb) ≤ %||0.001||0.001|
|Chloride(Cl) ≤ %||0.015||0.015|
|Sulphate (SO4) ≤ %||0.02||0.02|
|Ammonium salt (NH4) ≤ %||0.001||0.001|
|Size 60-80 mesh, ≥ %||80||85|
1. Used as a curing agent for resins and plastics, a vulcanization accelerator for rubber (accelerator H), an anti-shrinking agent for textiles, and as a bactericide, etc. For medicinal use, after oral administration, it will decompose acidic urine to produce formaldehyde and have a bactericidal effect. It is used for mild urinary tract infections; externally used to treat ringworm, antiperspirants, and treat underarm odor. It is mixed with caustic soda and sodium phenate and used as a phosgene absorbent in gas masks.
2. Mainly used as a curing agent for resins and plastics, a catalyst and blowing agent for aminoplasts, an accelerator (accelerator H) for rubber vulcanization, and an anti-shrinking agent for textiles.
3. It is a raw material for organic synthesis, used to produce chloramphenicol in the pharmaceutical industry.
4. It can be used as a disinfectant for the urinary system. It has no antibacterial effect and is effective against Gram-negative bacteria. Its 20% solution can be used to treat underarm odor, sweaty feet, tinea corporis, etc. It is mixed with sodium hydroxide and sodium phenate and can be used as a phosgene absorbent in gas masks.
5. Used in the manufacture of pesticides and insecticides. Hexamethylenetetramine reacts with fuming nitric acid to produce a very explosive cyclone explosive, referred to as RDX.
6. It can also be used as reagents and chromatographic analysis reagents for the determination of bismuth, indium, manganese, cobalt, thorium, platinum, magnesium, lithium, copper, uranium, beryllium, tellurium, bromide, iodide, etc.
It is a commonly used military fuel.
Contact Person: Jessic
Tel: +86 13928889251