|Name:||Sodium Bicarbonate||Other Name:||Backing Soda|
|Grade Standard:||Food Grade, Industrial Grade||Appearance:||White Powder|
144-55-8 Sodium Bicarbonate Baking Soda,
NaHCO3 Sodium Bicarbonate Baking Soda
Industrial Grade Food Grade White Powder Sodium Bicarbonate Bake Soda For Leavening Agents
Sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3), commonly known as baking soda. Small white crystals, the solubility in water is less than that of sodium carbonate. It is also an industrial chemical. The solid starts to decompose gradually at above 50°C to produce sodium carbonate, carbon dioxide and water, and completely decomposes at 270°C. Sodium bicarbonate is an acid salt formed by the neutralization of a strong base and a weak acid. When dissolved in water, it is weakly alkaline.
|Test Items||Standards||Test Results|
|Appearance||Crystalline powder||Crystalline powder|
|Drying and Decrement %||≤0.20||0.06|
|PH(10G/L Aqueous Solution)||≤8.5||8.3|
|Ammonium Salt||Past the test||Past the test|
|Clarity Degree||Past the test||Past the test|
|Chloride(as Cl) %||≤0.40||0.08|
|Heavy Metal(as Pb) (mg/kg)||≤5.0||＜5.0|
1. Sodium bicarbonate can be directly used as a raw material in the pharmaceutical industry to treat hyperacidity.
2. It can also be used in filmmaking, leather tanning, mineral processing, smelting, metal heat treatment, as well as in the fiber and rubber industries.
3. At the same time, it can be used as a detergent for wool, as well as for soaking seeds in agriculture.
4. One of the most widely used loosening agents in the food industry, used in the production of biscuits, cakes, steamed bread, bread, etc., is a carbon dioxide generator in soda drinks;
5. It can be compounded with alum to form alkaline baking powder, or it can be compounded with soda ash to form civil soda;
6. It can also be used as a butter preservative.
7. Used in fire-fighting equipment to produce acid-base fire extinguishers and foam fire extinguishers.
8. The rubber industry uses it in combination with alum and H pore-forming agent to uniformly pores, and is used in the production of rubber and sponge.
9. The metallurgical industry is used as a flux for casting steel ingots.
10. Used in the machinery industry as a forming aid for cast steel (sand foundry) sand molds.
11. In the printing and dyeing industry, it is used as a fixing agent for dyeing and printing, an acid-base buffer, and a finishing agent for fabric dyeing and finishing. Adding baking soda to the dyeing can prevent the yarn bobbin from producing colored flowers.
12. Used as a raw material for antacids in the pharmaceutical industry.
13. Used as analytical reagent, inorganic synthesis, pharmaceutical industry, starter for treatment of acidemia and food industry, carbon dioxide generator in soft drinks and cold drinks, and preservative for butter.
14. It can be directly used as a raw material in the pharmaceutical industry, as a wool detergent, foam fire extinguishing agent, bath agent, alkaline agent, and leavening agent. It is often formulated with ammonium bicarbonate as a leavening agent for biscuits and cakes.
15. It can be used as a foaming agent for solid refreshing beverages with citric acid, tartaric acid, etc. (to produce CO2).
16. When used alone, it is strongly alkaline due to thermal decomposition. It will turn yellow when used in bread and destroy the vitamins in wheat. It is best to use it in combination with acidic substances such as calcium hydrogen phosphate.
17. It can still be used for food blanching and removing astringency. Because it can increase the pH value, it can increase the water holding capacity of protein, promote the softening of food tissue cells, and promote the dissolution of astringent components. It has the effect of removing mutton on goat milk (dosage 10-20mg/kg).
18. As an acidity regulator and chemical leavening agent, it can be used in various foods that require leavening agent according to the production needs.
Contact Person: Jessic
Tel: +86 13928889251