|Product Name:||Hexamine||Other Name:||Hexamethylenetetramine, Urotropine|
|Purity:||99.3%, 99%, 98%||Package:||25kg/bag|
99% Hexamine Powder,
98% Hexamine Powder,
High Purity Hexamine 99.3% 99% 98% Urotropine White Powder Hexamethylenetetramine
Hexamine is a polycyclic heterocyclic amine compound. It is a white crystalline powder at room temperature. It tastes sweet but bitter at first, and is irritating to the skin. It is easy to sublimate and decompose when heated. It is flammable and easily soluble in water and ethanol. Polar solvents such as chloroform and chloroform are difficult to dissolve in non-polar solvents such as ether and aromatic hydrocarbons.
Urotropine can be used as a curing agent for resins and plastics, a vulcanization accelerator for rubber (accelerator H), an anti-shrinking agent for textiles, and used to make fungicides, explosives, etc. For medicinal use, after oral administration, it will decompose acidic urine to produce formaldehyde and play a bactericidal effect. It is used for mild urinary tract infections; externally used to treat ringworm, antiperspirants, and treat underarm odor. Mixed with caustic soda and sodium phenate, used in gas masks as phosgene absorbent.
|Superior Grade||First Grade||Qualified Grade|
|Ash content (%)≤||0.03||0.05||0.08|
|Heavy metal (calculated in pb)%≤||0.001||—|
|Chloride (calculated in Cl)%≤||0.015||—|
|Sulfate (calculated in SO4)%≤||0.02||—|
|Ammonium salt (calculated in NH4)%≤||0.001||—|
1. Hexamethylenetetramine is mainly used as a curing agent for resins and plastics, a catalyst and foaming agent for aminoplasts, an accelerator (accelerator H) for rubber vulcanization, and an anti-shrinking agent for textiles.
2. Hexamine is a raw material for organic synthesis and is used to produce chloramphenicol in the pharmaceutical industry.
3. Urotropine can be used as a disinfectant for the urinary system. It has no antibacterial effect and is effective against Gram-negative bacteria. Its 20% solution can be used to treat underarm odor, sweaty feet, tinea corporis, etc. It is mixed with sodium hydroxide and sodium phenate and can be used as a phosgene absorbent in gas masks.
4. Hexamine is used in the manufacture of pesticides. Hexamethylenetetramine reacts with fuming nitric acid to produce a very explosive cyclone explosive, abbreviated as RDX.
5. Methenamine can also be used as reagents and chromatographic analysis reagents for the determination of bismuth, indium, manganese, cobalt, thorium, platinum, magnesium, lithium, copper, uranium, beryllium, tellurium, bromide, iodide, etc. .
6. Methenamine is a commonly used military fuel.
Contact Person: Jessic
Tel: +86 13928889251