|Chemical Name:||Hexamethylenetetramine||Molecular Weight:||140.19|
|Melting Point:||280 °C (subl.)(lit.)||Density:||1.27(25℃);1.331(-5℃)|
|Flashing Point:||482 °F||PH:||7-10 (100g/l, H2O, 20℃)|
99.3% crystalline powder
Hexamine/Urotropine Powder Uses For Solid Fuel Tablet Industrial Grade Hexamethylene
Urotropine, also known as hexamethylenetetramine, is a polycyclic heterocyclic compound with a structure similar to adamantane, and its molecular formula is C6H12N4. Urotropine is a white crystal, which can be prepared by the reaction of formaldehyde with ammonia. The molecule contains four mutually fused triazacyclohexane rings. It is limitedly soluble in water and easily soluble in most organic solvents.
Urotropine has a wide range of applications. It can be used as a raw material for organic synthesis, analytical chemical reagents, antibiotics, and fuel. It also has many uses in chemical production. Urotropine reacts with fuming nitric acid to form a very explosive "cyclone explosive" RDX.
|Top Grade||First Grade||Test Results|
|Purity, % ≥||99.3||99||99.33|
|Moisture, % ≤||0.5||0.3|
|ASH, % ≤||0.03||0.05||0.02|
|Heavy Metal (IN Pb) , % ≤||0.001||0.0004|
|Chloride (IN C1), % ≤||0.015||0.003|
|Sulfate(IN SO4), % ≤||0.02||0.02|
|Ammonium(IN NH4), % ≤||0.001||0.0006|
1. Hexamine is mainly used for plastic resin and a curing agent, catalyst of amino plastics and foaming agent, rubbervulcanization accelerator, textile shrinkage agent.
2. Hexamine can be make explosives.
3. Hexamine can be used for Solid Fuel Tablets.
4. Hexamine Can be used in the manufacture of pesticides.
5. Hexamine is the raw material of organic synthesis, which is used to produce chloramphenicol in the pharmaceutical industry.
Contact Person: Jessic
Tel: +86 13928889251